Thursday, May 9, 2013

April Wrap-Up

Here's the books I ended up reading/finishing reading in April. You will see they differ slightly/quite a bit from my April TBR. Oops

  1. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (Darkest Powers #1)
    finished: April 2, 2013
    rating: 4/5
  2. Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe (Kythan Guardians #1)
    finished: April 11, 2013
    rating: 4/5
  3. The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong (Darkest Powers #2)
    finished: April 18, 2013
    rating: 4/5 (surprise, surprise)
  4. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Hex Hall #1)
    finished: April 25, 2013
    rating: 4/5 (yes again)
At the very end of March I went to a book signing of Kelley Armstrong's in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. At that time I had several of her books on my shelves yet hadn't read any of them so I figured I'd better get cracking on them. By the time I saw her I was almost finished the Summoning and was really enjoying it. I ended up purchasing her most recent book The Rising at that event and I am looking forward to reading it but to get there I still have to read The Reckoning, the third book of the Darkest Powers trilogy, and The Gathering and The Calling the first two books of the Darkness Rising trilogy of which The Rising is the final book. Oh dear. So many books.

I read Destiny's Fire as part of the YouTube Book Club and really enjoyed it as well. I gave it a 4/5 because as much as I liked it I would have preferred more featuring the powers the characters possess than the love triangle aspects. Basically more action, less romance, but it was still a great book.

On May 25th, I am planning to attend Rachel Hawkins' booksigning in Brampton again so to prepare for this event I dusted off my Hex Hall trilogy books that have been on my shelf for what seems like ages and started to read. I read the first book Hex Hall in a day and then passed it off to my mother to read as well, as she will be coming with me to the booksigning. So onto the second book Demonglass...

No comments:

Post a Comment