Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: DAY SIX

One more day down and one more to go before the end of this read-a-thon. Today I finished reading Left Neglected which I absolutely loved. I then tried to read more of Blood Brothers in Louisbourg and promptly fell asleep. oops. Not sure what is going on with this book. I like the storyline; set in a place I've been, is historical fiction which I generally enjoy, it features a character that plays the cello which I enjoy the music of and once tried to learn to play one, and the main two characters are both very likeable. However the font is very small for such a seeming short book and it seems to be taking me so much longer to read it than anything else that I've picked up. I guess I am also finding it a bit too predictable, but I shall not give up on it (even if I find I must set it aside until the end of the RAT). So instead I started a couple other books that weren't on my TBR. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater as an audiobook to get my reading in while I cooked and ate and Love by Tsugumi Ohba for a fast paced graphic novel to break up the reading of longer books from a series I already know I like in which I read right up until midnight.

So here's how the numbers fell today, bringing my average pages read to 178 per day:

Saturday

Number of pages I've read today:
  1. Blood Brother in Louisbourg by Philip Roy: 2 (73 pages left)
  2. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova: 104 (completed)
  3. The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook): 12 (397 pages left)
  4. Love (Death Note #4) by Tsugumi Ohba: 184 (20 pages left)
Total number of pages read today: 301 pages
Number of books I've read today: 1 book
Total number of pages I've read: 1067 pages
Total number of books I've read: 4 (2 books, 1 graphic novel, 1 novella)

 Books read:

  1. Hard Run (Death Note #3) by Tsugumi Ohba (****)
  2. Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate (****) 
  3. Spore (Doctor Who E-Short #8) by Alex Scarrow (**** again)
  4. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (*****)

Unstarted thus far on RAT TBR:
  1. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong - 422 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment